Fast Cars and the Kingdom to Come

My friends and I talk often about how broken our world is. Sin, death, sickness, accidents, bad hair days and snapped steering columns tell me that our world is just... well - broken.

But I wish for something new - more specifically - I just can't drive 55! I want to fly.

I want to drive as fast as I can - with no limits. No worries about cops, old ladies, accidents, intense pain and death.

Kinda like Jeff Gordon on steriods - I want to run with the big dogs.

But like I said - the world's broken right now and I just can't do what I want...

There's a kingdom coming, however, that's altogether different. A world where there are no limits, no worries, no junk.
Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first
earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea. And I saw the holy city, new
Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, made ready as a bride adorned for
her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne, saying, "Behold,
the tabernacle of God is among men, and He will dwell among them, and they shall
be His people, and God Himself will be among them, and He will wipe away every
tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no
longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away."

Here's to hoping that driving in the Kingdom is gonna be a whole different story...

No comments: